Monday 5 March 2012

Horrible Pain!


Beyond a few dull aches as my teeth loosen and shift, my braces and expander have given me no pain over the past 1 1/2 months.

On Monday, March 5, I experienced an intense pain in the left corner of my upper jaw. It was a throbbing pain that quickly moved from the gum line up my face. It was so intense, I was doubled over in pain. The pain reoccured in the same place three times that day.

This afternoon, the pain reoccured, but on the exact opposite side of my jaw. As I was leaving class (I'm working on my Master's), the pain returned--an intense throbbing pain that immediately made me nauseous. I was unable to speak, the pain was so intense.

I think the pain may be caused by my expander, as the pain has originated at the gumline very near where the expander presses against my teeth. Am I feeling the pain of tiny fractures? Is the expander not working properly? Are my teeth moving faster than my jaw can widen?

I will phone my orthodontist tomorrow morning. His office is closed, but I may page him considering the intensity of the pain. Until then, I may live off Advil.

No comments:

Post a Comment